The night before First Grade
Well, I put Elizabeth to bed at 9pm. I told her that when she woke up in the morning she would be an official first grader. I can't believe it myself.
It seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital and the feeling that it would be y--e---a---r---s before we had to think about first days of schools. I have done first days since she was 3 1/2 and you would think that each year would get easier. In some ways it does, the need for that daily routine, watching her grow into such an incredible little girl. But in some ways it hurts to, my heart aches for my little girl. Each year brings new challenges both in education and socially. It is the social that I worry about. I have heard stories of "mean girls" in first grade. It blows my mind.
Tomorrow also starts my third year at my preschool that I work at. It will be my second year teaching. I am excited to see what this year will bring and nervous at the same time. I start this year with only 3 classes left to finish my AS degree. I met all the children in my class for this year last Friday and they are a WONDERFUL bunch of children and parents. I feel blessed to be where I am.
I am babbling, I seem to do this when I get a blog. I will have to remember how to post pictures at some point, but really, they are all on my facebook page so that would be double duty.
Off to bed, sweet dreams my little first grader :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home